Monday, April 16, 2012

Review: Amore Pacific Treatment Enzyme Peel


I got this deluxe sample a while back from my purchase on the Sephora website.  The 2.5oz retails at $60.00.


Description:
What it is:
A highly effective, botanical-based brightening exfoliator made without harsh ingredients. 

What it is formulated to do:
This exfoliator helps brighten and even skintone without chemical abrasives. Natural papaya enzymes work to eliminate dry, dull surface cells and toxins to reveal a soft and smooth complexion. It improves penetration of other treatment products due to removal of dead surface cells. 

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Sulfates
- Petro-Chemicals
- Phthalates


Suggested Usage:
-Use after Cleansing.
-Wet both hands and pour pre-measured dosage onto one hand.
-Rub hands together to create a rich lather.
-Massage gently over face and neck for 30-60 seconds focusing on congested areas.
-Rinse well.



Ingredients:

-Papain: A papaya-based enzyme that works to exfoliate the skin without causing irritation.
-Allantoin: Calms and soothes the skin.
-Green Tea Leaf Extract: An antioxidant that protects the skin from free radical damage.

Lactose, Mannitol, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate Dextrin, Water, Zeolite, Silica, Betaine, Papain, Allantoin, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract Starch, PEG-32, Butylparaben, Methylparaben, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Yellow 5, Green 3, Fragrance.

Description behind bottle:
Water-activated botanical enzyme treatment to effectively eliminate excess surface cells and toxins responsible for irregularities in texture and tone and optimize penetration of all skincare products which follow.

What I think:
Just a little information from what I know about Amore Pacific, the brand behind this great product is that it is a Korean brand and I think they also own Laneige.  But Amore Pacific is the higher quality line.  

Okay, first off, I've read that powder peels are better than liquid peels because liquid peels lose potency over time while powdered ones, that activates when water is added does not.  So, unconsciously, I already gave this product a plus. 

I love this scent right away when I opened the bottle.  Very soothing scent.  A little earthy and little floral that just smells sooooo natural and pleasant!! Nothing overpowering, just right.  In short, I love this scent!! =]  The beige-ish color powder is very fine and small.  Be careful not to pour it out too quickly otherwise it may get in the air and get into your nostrils and cause you to sneeze.  I use this after I wash my face and while my face and hands are still moist, I pour a little onto my palm.  This is how it looks:


I just need to add a little water to work it into a creamy lather.  Literally just a little water, you should start out with just a drop of extra water (because your hands are already moist).  And you will see and feel what a beautiful creamy lather you have made. 



I just massage it on my face for about a minute while adding a little bit of more water near the end when I want more cleansing foam.  
After rinsing, you can instantly see and feel your skin smoother and rejuvenated without it being harsh to your skin.  I don't use it everyday because I only have a small sample bottle, but I think it is gentle enough for an everyday light peel or for every 2 to 3 days if it is too overdrying for you.  

I usually use a sheet mask after I use a peel or after exfoliation to restore moisture to my skin.  I really like this peel because it feels very natural (see ingredients).  It's quite pricey though, but I would definitely save and splurge on this when my sample is finished. 

Thanks for reading xP
Peary

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...