Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Review: Vichy Normaderm ProMat Ultra Mattifying Oil-Free Lotion

If you frequent Duane Reade, you should already know that it has gone through a whole new retail/marketing store transformation.  Most importantly for ladies to know, is the expansion of the beauty department.  Not just a greater variety of the usual brands of Maybelline and Neutrogena, but you might just think you walked into Sephora!  New beauty counters offers more higher end beauty products with beauty reps to help you out.  


I was at my local Duane Reade browsing around, when a beauty sales rep handed me a coupon for a free beauty consultation that also promises a free bag of beauty samples.  I usually don't take advantage of these, but since it was free and a group of school girls were giving it a try, I decided to as well.  


The beauty rep that I had did not have good skin and looked like she had dirty hands and I was kind of afraid that she was gonna touch my face.  I was starting to regret it more because it felt like she was just asking me the questions from paper.  But she did not touch my face and just asked questions about my skin and offered me an abundant amount of samples.  She gave me four different products and about 3-4 packaged samples of each!  I think that is great because usually sales reps are kind of cheap with samples, and Sephora retail reps only give the squeeze out ones (I've also had very rude Sephora reps before).  


One of the product samples I received was the Vichy Normaderm ProMat Ultra Mattifying Oil Free Lotion.




Price: $22.00 for 1.1 Fl oz.

Skin Concern: Shine Prone
Skin Type: Combination, Oily
Ultra Mattifying Oil-free Lotion with Dry-Finish Technology + LHA + broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection SPF15. For an instant matte effect and lasting shine control. ALLURE OCTOBER 2009 BEAUTY AWARD WINNER.
Technology Description:
Because UV rays can increase oil production by 26%, this ultra mattifying lotion comes with SPF15. Shine-control formula with blotting micro-spheres for a lasting mattifying effect. Absorbs excess oil for smooth and even skin.

Ingredient Innovation:
Dry Finish Technology, blotting micro-spheres for a lasting mattifying effect. Broad-spectrum UVA/UVB to protect skin from harmful UV rays. In an oil-free, light, non-greasy moisturizer.

Claims:
Immediately: mattified and shine-free skin. In 4 weeks, skin is visibly less oily. Regulates the appearance of shine. Prevents re-occurring oiliness. Skin is ultra-matte.


Dermatological Standards:
Allergy tested. Tested on sensitive skin under dermatological control. Non-comedogenic.




Texture: Green lotion a little gooey, but not sticky. Not as watery or light as other facial lotions. Absorbs well.


Overall: Okay, so I am not sure why the DR beauty rep lady offered this to me because I do not really have oily skin!  I have a little shine but nothing major and I prefer to have a little glow than completely matte skin.  That said, this lotion does what it claims.  It absorbs well into my skin but I also think it is a little too dry and matte for my skin.  It's almost not moisturizing enough for me.  You can instantly see mattifying results though.  I think it is best to use if you have really oily skin.  If you have combination skin, use it on your T-zone, and use another lotion for the other areas of your face (which I would do for my skin).  It's just not for me.  If you have really oily or shiny skin, then this product is right for you.


It also only has spf 15, I usually wear spf 100 uva uvb or at least spf 45 when I go out.  For me, it is not enough sun protection.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...