Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What I use to cleanse my face each morning

"Milk is not just for drinking. In fact, the vitamins and minerals contained in milk can be just as beneficial to the outside of your body as they are to the inside. Applying milk to your skin adds nourishing moisture, according to the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection. A homemade milk face wash, consisting of products that you may already have in your pantry, can polish your skin and bring out its natural glow."

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/201545-how-to-wash-your-face-with-milk/#ixzz1ry0ZWiVI



I wash my face with regular fresh milk, not fresh from the cow, but I guess its fresh from the container, each morning.  I've been using milk as a cleanser for maybe 6 years now and it has helped lightened the sun spots and overall whitened my skin back to its natural color.  Cow's milk also has a ph of 6.4 to 6.8, making it slightly acidic but very close to ph neutral (ph 7).  


I only use milk in the morning, without a need for another cleanser.  My face is not really dirty in the morning when I wake up, so its not really necessary to use a store bought cleanser.  I use two round cotton pads to soak up in milk as a cleansing pad.  For the first cotton pad, I use both sides to clean off any residue on the face with milk.  The second cotton pad, for one side, I use it clean any remaining residue (it should be pretty clean by then), and the final side of the cotton to allow the milk to allow the milk to kind of sink it more into the skin.  


I usually just rinse the milk with water right afterwards and follow with my toner and other skin regime. You can wait a couple of minutes with your face over the sink and allow the milk to absorb more before rinsing off.  


Sometimes, I also add a drop of olive oil into the milk.  But overall, I think using milk as a cleanser allows my skin to be less exposed to the harshness of store bought cleansers.  The face shouldn't be too dirty after waking up, unless you sleep in the mud or something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...