Monday, May 14, 2012

Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream








If you live in the US, you've probably heard of it.  Used by Madonna and other celebrities, Egyptian Magic has developed a cult like status with beauty enthusiasts.   


I first heard of Egyptian Magic a few years ago and it was already pretty widely known to internet beauty communities.  After reading raves about this, I decided to give it a try.  I got it from Egyptian Magic's official market place on Amazon.com.  It's around $33.00 for the 4 oz tub.  It may sound expensive (which, I have thought before making the purchase) considering that it's so cult-ish looking but the texture is really thick and it really lasts for a long time.  


But do not be fooled by the packaging! It's quite an amazing cream!


This all natural - all purpose skin cream consists of 6 ingredients: olive oil (Clea Europoea Oil), Beeswax, Honey, Pollen, Royal Jelly, and Propolis Extract.  


It does have a natural smell.  At first you might get put off by it.  But, I've grown to it.  I don't think its bad because its a natural smell, rather than a chemical or synthetic fragrance added in, which I cannot stand.  It's basically the smell of all those ingredients put together. 


How to Use?


This very thick yellow cream is even thicker and more dense than vaseline.  The directions to use it is to take a moderate amount and rub in your palms until it takes the form of oil.  In the photos, I used a pretty great amount for photo purposes.  Believe it or not, but that was good enough moisturizer for both my hands and one arm.  You really just need a very small amount. 


How I use it?


This all purpose cream is good for the body and face.  I don't use it as an all over body cream, I use my Bath and Body creams for that.  But, I do like to use the EM for my hands and any rough areas/patches on my body. Good for people who have eczema.   I usually like to use this as a moisturizer for my neck once in awhile.  For the face, some users have compared this to La Mer moisturizers.  I personally have never tried La Mer's line before considering the hefty price tag but for the user who says that it works like La Mer's, they are quite lucky because this is so much cheaper.


I do use this for my face once in awhile when my face is feeling dry.  Depending on your skin type, it may be amazing or it may be too thick and oily.  When I do use it for my face, I usually use it on top of my toner, serum, and moisturizer as a sort of sealant.  After rubbing a very small amount in my palms into the form of oil, I pat or more like print my palms onto my face, over my other moisturizers that is.  And in the morning, my face isn't dry.


The Good 

  • All natural ingredients
  • Very thick consistency, only need to use very little
  • Great moisturizer
  • Lasts for a long time
  • All natural ingredients
The Bad
  • Some may be put off by the smell - though it is an all natural smell of the ingredients
  • May be too thick and oily for some people



The Skinny


I really like this cream because it is all natural.  I like to keep a tub of this in handy even if I do not use it everyday.  I've had my first tub for a few years, and its still the same.  Considering that I only use very little, its not that expensive.  I don't use it very often for my face because I do have my argan oil, which admittedly, I really like much much more, but is more pricey.  


Overall, just very good to have a tub of this in your drawer. 


Thanks for reading,


Peary




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...