Alba Botanica Deep Sea Facial Mask Advanced to draw out impurities is a great drug store item. I'm very happy that there are a lot more drug store brands that pay more attention to the ingredients of their skincare products. So far, I think Alba is one of the brands that you would want to pay attention to when you are visiting your local drugstore. This product uses 100% vegetarian ingredients. No animal testing, paraben free, and EU Cosmetics Directive Compliant (The European Union (EU), a group of 27 European countries, is one governing group that has made safe cosmetics an important part of its laws. Their laws have banned chemicals that scientists strongly suspect to cause cancer or cause birth defects.)
The description: This deep clean (clay) mask gently draws out impurities and the excess oil that can clog pores. Sea enzymes and aloe vera tone and revitalize for a fresh, healthy complexion.
To use: After cleansing, apply a thin layer of mask evenly over face and neck. Avoid delicate eye area. Leave on for 5 minutes and thoroughly cleanse.
I have to say, I really like this clay mask. It's not too expensive and it just works for me. It leaves my skin with a clean, fresh feeling. The texture is just right, it is quite thick but easy to layer onto your skin. You only need a thin layer and you only need to leave it on for 5 minutes. It's simple, clean, practical, affordable and effective. It has a long list of great ingredients. Even their glycerin is vegetable glycerin. A lot of drugstore items, even department store items have maybe a couple of good ingredients with a long list of chemicals, but for this mask, it's not the case. I'm trying to use less chemicals... in baby steps.
- 100% vegetarian ingredients, long list of great ingredients: ie. purified water, certified organic aloe, vegetable glycerin, safflower, shea butter, sweet almond, algae, kelp, sea lettuce, irish moss, etc.
- Paraben free
- EU Cosmetics Directive Compliant
- Not insanely expensive
- Leaves skin clean and fresh
- Although it is noted that it has fragrance, it is so mild, clean and fresh (the scent), you will like it.
- No animal testing
- Easy to use
- Very accessible in the US
- Made in the USA
- Although still affordable, it is still around $11 in a lot of stores. I think it would be more appropriate if it was around $7-8.
- Although it is accessible in the US, stores don't stock a lot of these, as much as other brands, so they go out of stock quickly.
|I got some water in it. It is actually a little bit thicker than |
Overall, I just think its a great clay mask that leaves my skin clean and fresh. It is still quite affordable. I like the ingredients and I like that the scent is so mellow and fresh. I really like that there are some better drugstore products now. Really, no complaints. I also just purchased alba's sea algae enzyme scrub. I'll be giving a review on that when I am ready. But, judging from the deep sea mask, I'd say this may be a brand you would want to pay attention when you're at the drugstore.